- Fantasy Is Not Abuse: A Sexual Liberation Panel and Fundraiser | The HEAL Project and Prostasia Foundation | May 2021
Watch the trailer below:
- The Path to Sexual Liberation for Sexual Violence Survivors | The HEAL Project and Rebellious Magazine | April 2021
We constantly see that victims and harm doers are created in a culture of secrecy and shame around sex,” explained Aredvi Azad, the organization’s Director of Education and Programs.
- Police Can't Save Children From Sexual Abuse. But, We Must. by Ignacio G Rivera & Aredvi Azad | Racebaitr.com | August 2020
- Listen to the article as read by authors
With inadequate responses to CSA and little trust in police among people of color and immigrant communities, relying on cops to address an intersectional issue like CSA is questionable, at best. Yet, CSA, together with other forms of sexual violence, has turned into an excuse to justify policing. ~Ignacio & Aredvi
- Just The Tip: Trauma and Anal Sex by Ignacio Rivera and Aredvi Azad, Publish on the Rebellious Magazine Website | April 2021
- The Invisibles | by Ignacio Rivera, To Be Published in We Too: Essays on Sex Work and Survival by Natalie West | February 2021
- Conversations about Sex(uality) and Consent | by Ignacio Rivera Published in Parenting For Liberation: A Guide For Raising Black Children by Trina Greene Brown | June 2020
- Accountability to Ourselves and Our Children | by Ignacio Rivera Published in Love WITH Accountability: Digging up the Roots of Child Sexual Abuse by Aishah Shahidah Simmons | October 2019
- Gender Play: Centering Gender, Reclaiming Pleasure | by Ignacio Rivera & Aredvi Azad, To Be Published in Trans Sex: Clinical Approaches to Trans Sexualities and Erotic Embodiments by Lucie Fielding | May 2021
- Mother Fuck! | by Ignacio Rivera, To Be Published in Becoming MILF: Parents in the Adult Film Industry on Sex, Parenthood, and Stigma by Madison Young | Spring 2021
- Fluidity: Conduit of My Light | by Ignacio Rivera To Be Published in My Race is My Gender by Stephanie Hsu | 2021
- Finding Our Desire: Survivors Exploring Sexual Liberation| by Ignacio Rivera, Edited by Aredvi Azad, To Be Published in 'Me Too' International Blog | TBD
- BDSM: A Survivor's Tool | by Ignacio Rivera, Edited by Aredvi Azad, To Be Published in 'Me Too' International Blog | TBD
- Ignacio Rivera, Speaker, Artist & Founder of the HEAL | Leading Edge Love Radio | Live at 9pm EST on March 16 | March 2021
- Episode 5: Aredvi Azad on Healing the Wounds of Sexual Oppression and Embracing Sexual Liberation | Virgin Territory Podcast | March 2021
We believes that there is a knowledge, there is a wisdom that survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse hold that can be helpful in ending the cycle of [sexual] violence. ~Aredvi
- Episode 492: Ignacio Rivera, MA. Sexual Trauma, Healing & Liberation | The Trauma Therapist Podcast | December 2020
- Episode 60: Ignacio Rivera on Healing from Sexual Trauma and Sexual Liberation | PeepShow Media | July 2020
I’m just living my life, this is my healing journey. People don’t get it, but I often say kink and sex are my medicine, and they are mine to have; it is a thing that brings me joy because I have control over that now. ~Ignacio
- Episode 107: Ignacio Rivera | We Want The Airways w/ Nia King | May 2020
In this interview, featuring their baby grandson, Ignacio discusses growing up in Brooklyn, becoming politicized in Massachusetts, and the connections between sexual liberation and ending CSA.
- Episode 100: Sexual Liberation from Birth to Crossing Over | Our Better Half | May 2020
Our guest this week, Ignacio Rivera, is an individual truly committed to sexual healing. Ignacio is a Queer, Trans, Two-Spirit, Black, Boricua, Taíno who prefers the gender-neutral pronoun “they.” Ignacio’s work focuses specifically on queer, trans, kink, and sexual liberation.
- These Three Activists Are Bringing Overdue Attention to Childhood Sexual Abuse by Alisa Zipursky | Allure.com | April 2020
Rivera's own healing journey highlighted for them the importance of breaking down the stigmas around sex and sexuality. "My abuser was a girl, and, for so long, I struggled with my attraction to women because my abuse happened when I was raised and socialized as a girl. I had feared that my desire for other girls was a result of the abuse and I shouldn’t act on that, and I suppressed my own queerness for years," they share with Allure.
- That Time When...Mapping Desire Across The Globe w/ Ignacio Rivera | Just Sex Podcast w/ Dr. Jaime Grant | February 2020
Veteran sex educator Ignacio Rivera shares highlights of many Desire Mapping workshops and talks about the power of community as a solo poly sex activist, survivor, and mother.
- Queer/Trans Perspectives on Surviving Violence & Abuse | Panel by The HEAL Project & The Nework/La Red at Survivor's Agenda Summit | September 2020
A panel of seasoned activists share an in-depth heart-felt analysis of uniqueness of queer and trans survivorship. The HEAL Project is a BIPOC/trans/survivor-led initiative working to prevent and end Childhood Sexual Abuse (CSA) and the cycle of sexual violence, and The Network/La Red is a survivor-led organization working to end partner abuse in LGBTQ communities.
- Manifest: Working with Elements of Nature for Sexual Healing | Workshop by The HEAL Project at Survivor's Agenda Summit | September 2020
Working through sexual trauma is deep, continuous work. A powerful tool for healing is manifestation; and when combined with ritual, crystals, or other elements of nature, manifestation can amplify positivity. Working with the natural beauty around us not only grounds us, but aids in raising our vibration, allowing healing to occur.
- Secret Survivors 10th Anniversary Panel | by Ping Chong + Company, Mirror Memoirs, and Girls for Gender Equity | April 2020
This session features national survivor advocates and community organizers, focusing on how the movement to end child sexual abuse has changed in the intervening 10 years. The session includes an opening grounding meditation and concluding self care check in.
- State of the LGBTQ Believer of Color Symposium '20 Online: Sex, Faith Trauma and Religion | by Pink Love Wellness | April 2020
This symposium includes two workshops. Ignacio's workshop, "Oh God: Pleasure and Faith" starts at 1:24:00.